NAMI Wisconsin is seeking a Communications & Events Director to provide leadership around the direction, planning, and execution of marketing, events, fundraising, and graphic design for our statewide non-profit organization. This will include, but is not limited to, event planning, developing marketing strategies, managing the flow of information to the public, supporting fundraising and corporate sponsor partnerships, and developing materials on behalf of the organization to further our visibility through the state.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills
- Experience with public relations initiatives and event planning
- Experience with planned giving/donor development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of how to use social media for nonprofits
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Proficiency with Adobe design software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
Typical duties include:
- Develop organizational publications, cultivate relationships with media partners and manage outreach bi-monthly with our Iris newsletter, annual report, website content, event publications, brochures, press releases, direct mailings, social media
- Plan and coordinate major events: Annual Statewide Conference, Healing Art Show, Action on the Square advocacy day
- Support in implementation of an annual fundraising plan including efforts in planned giving, annual solicitation, and corporate sponsorships.
- Provide leadership for relationship building with a variety of constituencies: members, donors, corporate sponsors, media, community partners
- Position offers competitive salary, retirement contributions, health and dental contributions, paid holidays, vacation and personal days, and flexible scheduling.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time