Meet with peers to discuss ways to improve mental health services in Wisconsin and learn the skills needed to advocate for policy changes!
Empowerment Days is an event hosted by Grassroots Empowerment Project that brings together a statewide network of peers to reach consensus on the messages to state and local policymakers. The event includes a lunch and discussion with state policymakers!
Dates and Location: August 27th-29th Registration deadline: August 20th Concourse Hotel in Madison, WI
Get more information and register here!
"OUR chance to make OUR voices heard by the people who create policies and laws about and for US. We are the experts on our lives. Working together, we can and will make positive changes in Wisconsin’s mental health care system."
- Improving Mental Health Services in Criminal Justice System
- Development of Peer Run Respites
- Improving Employment Services
- Implementing Health Care Reform in WI in 2014
- Implementation of Meaningful Consumer
- Involvement at State and Local Level
- Improving Certified Peer Specialist Program in WI