NAMI Wisconsin Award Nomination Form 2018
Deadline to Submit Nominations: Friday, February 9th, 2018
Each year, the NAMI Wisconsin Board of Directors selects approximately 4-6 people to recognize at the state-wide conference. Recognition awards are given to people who stand out in their efforts, contributions and dedication to improve the quality of life of people affected by mental illnesses and to promote recovery. A full list of award categories is listed below.
NAMI Wisconsin Award Categories:
- Advocacy Award – for outstanding efforts to influence public-policy, resource allocation, and/or beliefs within political, economic, and social systems or institutions.
- Lifetime Contribution to Advocacy Award - for a lifetime of dedicated efforts to influence public-policy, resource allocation, and/or beliefs within political, economic, and social systems or institutions.
- Outstanding Mental Health Professional Award – For dedication and commitment to promoting recovery and improving the treatment and quality of life for people affected by mental illnesses.
- Research Award – for research efforts that are instrumental to furthering treatment, recovery, and care for individuals with mental illness and their families.
- Education Advancement Award – for efforts to breakdown stigma by providing education about mental illness, treatment, recovery, and/or NAMI
- CIT Officer of the Year Award - For outstanding service to the community that embodies the fair and kind treatment for people with mental illness and works proactively to deescalate situations.
- Government Service Award – For service at the local or state level of government by someone who works to improve the quality of life of people affected by mental illnesses and/or promote recovery.
- Media Award – For exemplary efforts to use their media influence to increase education about mental illness and breakdown stigma
- Leadership Award – For outstanding leadership at the state or local level
- Volunteer of the Year Award – For an unprecedented dedication of time and talent to support NAMI
- Philanthropy Award – for unmeasured generosity and dedication to promote and strengthen NAMI
- Spark Plug award –for enthusiastic and vigorous efforts to ‘spark’ action, promote programs, fight stigma, etc.
- Community Service Project of the Year Award – For an exemplary community-based project that worked to improve the quality of life of people affected by mental illnesses and/or promote recovery.
- Special Recognition Award – for contributions and/or efforts that went above and beyond to support NAMI
- Outstanding Contribution to NAMI Wisconsin – for dedication and support to promote the mission and vision of NAMI Wisconsin.
- Board of Directors Service Award – For outstanding service to the NAMI board of directors
- Build it Together Award – For outstanding contributions to address mental health needs of underserved communities
- Jim Maddox Peer of the Year – for outstanding leadership and contributions to their peers
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the NAMI Wisconsin Iris Awards, please contact email@example.com