NAMI Wisconsin Discussion Group Policy
NAMI Wisconsin provides this website and associated bulletin boards for the benefit of its members and the public. NAMI Wisconsin must review and moderate your stories to protect your agency and your forums and blogs from spammers and inappropriate content. NAMI Wisconsin expressly disclaims responsibility for, and liabilities resulting from, any information or communications from and between users of the NAMI bulletin board.
Users are warned they may be individually liable for anything they communicate using the NAMI Wisconsin bulletin board, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, false or unauthorized information. Users are cautioned that they are responsible for complying with the requirements of applicable copyright and trademark laws and regulations.
The NAMI Wisconsin Message Board is a forum for individuals to share their opinions, experiences, and thoughts related to mental illness. NAMI Wisconsin wants to ensure the integrity of this service and therefore, use of this service is limited to participants who agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Refrain from transmitting any message, information, data, or text that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, that may be invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or bashing communications - especially those aimed at gender, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views, or disability.
NAMI Wisconsin reserves the right to remove or edit a post containing offensive material as defined by NAMI Wisconsin. That stated, NAMI Wisconsin does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications prior to transmission and posting, nor can NAMI Wisconsin ensure prompt editing or deletion of offensive posts.
NAMI Wisconsin reserves the right to remove or edit posts that contain explicit, obscene, offensive, or vulgar language. Similarly, posts that contain any graphic files will be removed immediately upon notice.
2. Refrain from posting or transmitting any unsolicited, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain mail", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation. NAMI Wisconsin reserves the right to delete these posts immediately upon notice.
3. NAMI Wisconsin invites and encourages a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with a participant's post or opinion and wish to challenge it, do so with respect. The real objective of the NAMI Wisconsin message board is to promote discussion and understanding, not to convince others that your opinion is "right". Name calling, insults, and personal attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated. NAMI Wisconsin will remove these posts immediately upon notice.
4. NAMI Wisconsin promotes privacy and encourages participants to keep personal information such as address and telephone number from being posted. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from other participants. Message board posts that request participants submit personal information to another party will be removed immediately upon notice unless these posts have been pre-approved by NAMI Wisconsin staff. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for telephone, address, e-mail, surveys, and research studies.
5. Participants should be aware that the opinions, beliefs, and statements posted in this forum do not necessarily represent the opinions and beliefs of NAMI Wisconsin. Participants also agree that NAMI Wisconsin is not to be held liable for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by sponsorship of this message board. Participants also agree that NAMI Wisconsin reserves the right to report any suspicions of harm to self or others as evidenced by participant posts.
6. Posting off-topic messages to discussion groups will result in removal of the post and possible suspension of posting privileges.
7. NAMI Wisconsin members or staff who post non-public information on public areas of the site or off-topic messages in member-only discussion areas may have their posting privileges suspended and will be subject to appropriate corrective action.