NAMI Wisconsin, Inc. is hiring for the position of Executive Director to provide leadership and a voice for NAMI Wisconsin at the state level. This position includes, but is not limited to, organizational planning, program administration, personnel management, financial management, fund development, public and media relations and organizational development. The Executive Director serves as NAMI Wisconsin’s Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for directing the operations of the organization through its mission, vision, and strategic plan. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is under the general supervision of the Board President.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working in the field of mental health.
- Demonstrated skills in grant writing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and effective networking skills, which will enhance the public visibility of NAMI Wisconsin.
- Experience managing financials and multple funding sources.
- Understanding of the WI legislative system and mental health delivery system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to work evening and weekends, to travel, and must have a valid driver's license and current auto insurance.
- Master's Degree in relevant field such as social work, human services, public administration, and/or business,etc.
- Working knowledge of NAMI and NAMI's programs.
- Extensive experience with fund raising and grant writing.
- Board development, marketing, and public relations experience.
- Experience developing and managing goal-oriented, outcome driven work.
- Demonstrated skill in supervising staff and volunteers, minimum of three years experience, preferably in nonprofit environment.
- Direct experience with a serious mental illness as a family member, consumer, or provider.
Position is full time. Annual salary range $50-$60.000 plus 3% retirement match, paid holidays, paid vacation, personal days and flexible scheduling. Please submit cover letter and resume to: NAMI Wisconsin 4233 W. Beltline Hwy, Madison, WI 53711 or via email at email@example.com. Initial screening will begin April 3rd, 2017.