Did you know 44% of all cigarettes are consumed by people with mental illness?
Motivational Interviewing Workshop for Peer Specialists on Smoking Cessation
- October 12th, 2013, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Madison, WI, location TBD
- $10.00 Registration fee
- Partial travel reimbursement for participants outside the Madison area
- Includes continental breakfast and lunch
- Continuing education credits in the "peer specialist specific" area
Workshop will include the following:
- Tobacco health impact and disparities education.
- Motivational Interviewing Training: Participants learn how to motivate peers to quit.
- Overview of resources for peers that are motivated to quit.
Can only non-smoker peer specialists attend the workshop?
NO! The training is designed for peer specialists, regardless of personal tobacco use. Participants who smoke can benefit from the workshop, whether or not they have plans to quit.
To register please complete this pdf form by October 7th, 2013 and return:
Mail form to NAMI Wisconsin, 4233 W Beltline Hwy, Madison, WI, 53711
Fax to 608-268-6004 or email to email@example.com
Do you employ peer specialists? NAMI Wisconsin is offering small honorariums to employers that facilitate registration. Please call 608-268-6000 for more information.